June 11 – 15, 2022 at Nicholls State University
The Louisiana Girls Leadership Academy is a premiere leadership building opportunity offered to young women in grades 9-12. The program focuses on communication, networking, team work, and building relationships. Participants immerse themself into a real world mock election learning from panel of experts and designing their own group campaign. Participants are also able to stay on campus at Nicholls State University, participate in valuable programming, and meet other high school students from all over our state. The program is perfect for driven young women with leadership potential that are ready to learn new skills.
- Keynote Speaker Crystal Rivers, “When your dream changes”
- Keynote Speaker Sonia Perez, ATT President Southern Region, “The Climb” A story of struggle to success
- Balancing Leadership Opportunities and Life as a Student Leader
- LGLA Ambassador Elections and Campaign
- Leaders in Action Panels & Entrepreneurs in Action Panels
- What’s the next step? College Leadership Opportunities and How to Get Involved
- Conquering Communications Using Improv – Southern Rivers Production
A Glance at the 2021 LGLA Academy
2021 Girls Leadership Academy
“I am Woman Hear Me Roar”
June 27-30, 2021 @ Nicholls State University
2 Program Assistants
Thank You to our 2021 Sponsors! Without you this is not possible. See the full list below!
Sponsor List 2021
Information about the Academy
The vision of the Louisiana Girls Leadership Academy (Coreg CR) is to develop high-potential leaders in community and public service through responsible citizenship. Girls will network with peers and be mentored by experienced women to develop knowledge and skills for future leadership roles. The LGLA program focuses on:
- Situational Leadership
- Public Service and Responsible Citizenship
- Personal and Interpersonal Well-Being
- Current Issues in Louisiana Public Policy
Who can attend?
Girls entering grades 9-12. LGLA participants will be selected by a committee of the LCWGB Board.
- Academy T-shirt, tote bag and binder
- Three nights in university housing
- Eight all-you-can-eat buffet meals
- Keynote presentations with nationally recognized speakers, such as Alexis Jones
- Participation in a state Legislative Women’s Caucus luncheon in Baton Rouge
- Participation in the networking dinner: The First Among Louisiana Women in Public Service